Saturday, May 15, 2010

Another one bites the dust...


Well, another semester of graduate school is finally under my belt. Yay!! Since I am a very competitive person, I like to have competitions with my self. One competition involves my GPA. In high school, I graduated with a 3.83 GPA...not too bad, but not great either. Last year, I graduated from undergrad with a 3.97 GPA. I was a little disappointed in this GPA, since my B came from an awful Accounting I teacher. I find it interesting that I got a B in Accounting I, but a semester later I managed to get a 98% in Accounting II. I would think that if I didn't learn all of the key concepts in Accounting I then I shouldn't have done so well in Accounting II, but that is another story about how the Business College at K-State is a joke!


Anyways, back to my competition. So, I clearly had a much higher GPA in college than I did in high school. Well, when I came to graduate school I decided to keep the competition going, however, this one is a little more challenging since the only way I can win is to get a 4.0. I thought I was going to lose the challenge this semester due to Biochemistry III (yes, that is a 3 as in I have now taken THREE biochemistry courses...ridiculous?!?!). I started the semester well, but my third test didn't go so well (yes, Alex maybe I should have studied) and I lowered my grade by over 7% (oops!). So, I thought my chances of a 4.0 were blown out the water. However, grades were posted on Wednesday and when I looked yesterday I did well enough on the final that I managed to get an A in the class. I got A's in all of my other courses as well, so it looks like I am still in the competition. I think I only have one more really hard class left for my master's degree, so hopefully I can accomplish my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment