Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Wedding Wednesday - Flowers


Over break my mom and I worked on deciding the fresh flowers we will use for bouquets, corsages, and boutonnieres. I have always had a general idea for what I wanted, but making sure everything looks good together was a little harder than I thought.

I took inspiration for my bouquet from the following picture:

Not sure where this picture came from.


My grandma grew beautiful hydrangeas every summer that I would help her with for my 4-H projects, so I knew hydrangeas would be a part of my bouquet. I also plan on using mini calla lillies, stephanotis, and mokara orchids.

My ladies will carry smaller bouquets in the combination of the hydrangeas and mokara orchids. Belows is a picture of what these orchids look like...I love that they don't actually look like an orchid...not a huge fan of them, but they are beautiful.

The knot

For the boutonnieres, we will use different combinations of the flowers in my bouquet, so everything ties together. For the groom, he will have a calla lily with a small cluster of hydrangea at the front. Plus it will be wrapped it wire. I took inspiration from the boutonniere found below. The groomsmen will just have the calla lily.

The Perfect Palette

Wow! It is all coming together. We are currently trying to decide who all needs flowers... where do you stop?? Does every person who has a role in your wedding get flowers? Such as cake cutters, singers, organists, gift table helpers, etc.??? Ohhh...decisions.
Also, my mom needs to decide if she wants a wrist corsage or one to pin on. She doesn't want to hit everyone in the face with a pin on corsage.

No comments:

Post a Comment