Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Wedding Wednesday

Ever since Alex and I got engaged in April, my parents have been busy planning our wedding. Or maybe I should say my mom has been busy planning the wedding and my dad likes to think of crazy ideas for our wedding. Typically, they will come up with these new ideas late at night when they have maybe had a few too many drinks and they are with some of the favorite cattle industry friends at the ND Stockmen’s Convention, Louisville, or a wedding.

Here are some of the most recent ideas:
· Instead of having the ring bearer carry our rings down on a pillow….he will carry a head of a horned Hereford bull and the rings will be on each horn. Or as a friend from NE suggested they could donate a roping steer head.

No pretty pillow from TheBloomingSouth





· For our wedding favors instead of having koozies, candy, or matchboxes….we will give away straws of semen that have “Alex and Rebecca - September 3, 2011” inscribed on the side.

No koozies which the boys would love, but I think are tacky anyway.


Instead you can get semen straws!

· And the lasts idea that came up this weekend is that instead of auctioning off a garter…we will auction of straws of semen from the newest bull we have that went into a stud.

Check out Tokach Update 9009 available through Genex.


I have a feeling that if my dad could plan this wedding it would be a crazy, redneck, backwoods affair…thankfully God has blessed me with my mother who knows that all of this is absolutely not going to happen…EVER!

Why would someone want a wedding like this?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment