Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

This is the second year that I wasn’t able to go back to ND to celebrate Thanksgiving with my family. L Thanksgiving has always been one of my favorite holidays with the great food, family, and all of the things that we can be thankful for. Since I was unable to leave TX this year, Alex made the trip down here to celebrate with me. A.K.A Our FIRST Thanksgiving Alone Together…EEEK!

He ended up leaving Wednesday after work, so he didn’t arrive until about 10 a.m. on Thursday morning. When he got here we took a quick nap and then I started in on preparing our Thanksgiving feast.

Even though there were only two of us, I wanted to prepare all of our favorite foods. The list included:
· Crescent wrapped brie
· Ham – I don’t do poultry
· Pioneer Woman’s Mashed Potatoes

· Brown Gravy
· Rolls
· PW’s Green Beans
· PW’s Corn Casserole
· PW’s cranberry sauce
· Olives – When you were a kid did you put the black olives on your fingers, too? Alex still does this.
· Blueberry Cobbler
I think we may have a thing for recipes from Pioneer woman!

Everything turned out great, but there was a quick mix up in the kitchen. I was setting out all of the food and was telling Alex it was time to eat and as we started to dish up our food I realized I totally FORGOT to make the mashed potatos…so we took a 30 minute break while I quickly whipped some up.

After we ate, we spent the afternoon watching Grownups and Toy Story 3.







Grownup was completely hilarious. I would definitely recommend it if you want a good laugh. Toy Story 3 was very cute and a great ending to the series…trust me you will want to check it out.

Thanksgiving day was a total success and I can’t wait to see where we spend it next year…hopefully with our families.




No comments:

Post a Comment